As a BACP registered organisation, we adhere strictly to the BACP Ethical guidelines that form our practice and ensure a high standard of care for each client. Our counsellors must follow the following principals:
- Being trustworthy: honouring the trust placed in the practitioner.
- Autonomy: respect for the client’s right to be self-governing.
- Beneficence: a commitment to promoting the client’s wellbeing.
- Non-maleficence: a commitment to avoiding harm to the client.
- Justice: the fair and impartial treatment of all clients and the provision of adequate services.
- Self-respect: fostering the practitioner’s self-knowledge, integrity and care for self.
For a full overview of the Ethical Framework, visit www.bacp.co.uk.